[MINC-users] freeglut fatal error in remote X sessions

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed May 19 23:59:47 EDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

> I have installed the BIC software via the Ubuntu Lucid Lynx packages that
> were released yesterday.  I have been testing the Display program, which
> appears to run properly while working on the system locally, however if
> connected to the system via a remote X session, using NX or VNC, the program
> fails with the following error:

I'm afraid you might be on your own with this one. :(  Register and
Display make use of a few undocumented features of GLUT from back in
the day it was written. I have already patched a few bugs related to
this in any case. The problem is that I can't reproduce the issue you
are having here with two Ubuntu Karmic/Lynx machines so I can't offer
any help.

No doubt it is related to glut/freeglut but just where I can't say.

good luck.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)