[MINC-users] from surface to adjacency

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Mar 27 02:37:47 EDT 2010

Hi Pierre,

   I'm no expert on the structure of .obj files, but I believe that
one of the structures within the file is used to record the
correspondence between vertices and polygons.  Given that our our
cortical surfaces are constructed of triangles, this table has
number_of_polygons rows and 3 columns.  All 3 vertices for any
triangle would be adjacent, and the corresponding matrix rows-columns
could be set to 1.  Just loop over all triangles in the table, and you
should have the matrix that you're looking for.

HTH,

-Jim