[MINC-users] ray_trace colour maps and rendering labels

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 19:28:50 EDT 2010

Hi Jim

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 08:41, EJ Nikelski <nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> (2) does anyone know the required file format needed to use the
> ray_trace "-usercc" argument, so that I can cobble my own together?

I can't help on the first bit but I would guess that they would follow
the same format as minclookup (man minclookup for more). As an example
here is the spectral colourmap that can be passed to minclookup

harold:Downloads$ cat ~rotor/lib/luts/spectral
0.00 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
0.05 0.4667 0.0000 0.5333
0.10 0.5333 0.0000 0.6000
0.15 0.0000 0.0000 0.6667
0.20 0.0000 0.0000 0.8667
0.25 0.0000 0.4667 0.8667
0.30 0.0000 0.6000 0.8667
0.35 0.0000 0.6667 0.6667
0.40 0.0000 0.6667 0.5333
0.45 0.0000 0.6000 0.0000
0.50 0.0000 0.7333 0.0000
0.55 0.0000 0.8667 0.0000
0.60 0.0000 1.0000 0.0000
0.65 0.7333 1.0000 0.0000
0.70 0.9333 0.9333 0.0000
0.75 1.0000 0.8000 0.0000
0.80 1.0000 0.6000 0.0000
0.85 1.0000 0.0000 0.0000
0.90 0.8667 0.0000 0.0000
0.95 0.8000 0.0000 0.0000
1.00 0.8000 0.8000 0.8000

For a discrete colourmap the first column would be an integer set from 0-255

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)