[MINC-users] 6-parameter fitting with minctracc

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 18:39:12 EST 2010

Hi Laurence

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 07:34, Laurence Mercier
<laurence at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> I tried volcombine on 3D ultrasound data.
> It gives something that makes sense, but I would probably need to tweek the
> parameters for ultrasound. I get something more blurry then if I register
> them (minctracc -lsq6) and then combine them with minccalc.

Odds are you will have to change a few things,

1. the output sampling is the first volume this may not give the
complete coverage you want

2. It may appear more blurry as both are resampled 1/2 way.

3. During the fitting an attempt is made to generate an "overlap mask"
and only calculate the registration for the "most similar" parts thus
ignoring faces and the likes. This may or may not be applicable to
your case.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)