[MINC-users] custom color lookup tables

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 06:19:07 EST 2010

Hi,
I'd like to display a volume using a color lookup table other than the
usual spectral,hotmetal etc that are offered in Display.
In Display I found:
Colour Coding (D) -> UserDefColCode (Q)
but it only changes the color map to grey and doesn't prompt for a
custom lookup table. Is there another way to use this 'feature'?

Alternatively, I think I can use minclookup with the -lookup_table
option, and despite the excellent information here:
http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/MinclookupManPage I still need
some help creating the right lookup table. I found this in
minclookup.c:

static double spectral_lookup_values[] = {
   0.00, 0.0000,0.0000,0.0000,
   0.05, 0.4667,0.0000,0.5333,
   0.10, 0.5333,0.0000,0.6000,
   0.15, 0.0000,0.0000,0.6667,
   0.20, 0.0000,0.0000,0.8667,
   0.25, 0.0000,0.4667,0.8667,
   0.30, 0.0000,0.6000,0.8667,
   0.35, 0.0000,0.6667,0.6667,
   0.40, 0.0000,0.6667,0.5333,
   0.45, 0.0000,0.6000,0.0000,
   0.50, 0.0000,0.7333,0.0000,
   0.55, 0.0000,0.8667,0.0000,
   0.60, 0.0000,1.0000,0.0000,
   0.65, 0.7333,1.0000,0.0000,
   0.70, 0.9333,0.9333,0.0000,
   0.75, 1.0000,0.8000,0.0000,
   0.80, 1.0000,0.6000,0.0000,
   0.85, 1.0000,0.0000,0.0000,
   0.90, 0.8667,0.0000,0.0000,
   0.95, 0.8000,0.0000,0.0000,
   1.00, 0.8000,0.8000,0.8000
};

I'm guessing the last three columns are RGB values. Is there an
algorithm out there that will spit out the incremental RGB values
between two (or more) colors? Does anyone have some custom lookup
tables they've created and would be willing to share?

Ideally, it would be nice to use the rgb color maps already defined
and part of the brain-view package (on my machine are here:
/usr/local/bic/share/brain-view).

As always any help is much appreciated,
mishkin