[MINC-users] Display-1.5.0 build problem

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 20 17:42:16 EST 2010

Hi List,

   I'm building and installing Display-1.5.0 on a machine running
Lucid-amd64 and have come upon an unusual problem. Specifically,
Display builds without error, but does not produce an executable (and
thus "make install" installs nothing). This likely explains why the
pre-built Lucid .deb for Display is empty (and also installs nothing).
 I tried to build  Display-1.4.2, but this version in not compatible
with the version of bicpl-1.4.6 installed by the mincbundle, so the
build fails.  I'd like to make more of a contribution to fixing this,
but sadly, my autotools kung-foo is very weak.

Versions:
Linux wcmi 2.6.32-25-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 19:52:42 UTC
2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3

Build args:
./configure  --prefix=$BIC_INSTALL_PATH
--with-build-path=$BIC_BUILD_PATH  --with-x  --with-minc2
make
sudo make install

Thanks,

-jim