[MINC-users] add a dimension to a minc file

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 04:02:54 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to add a dimension (zspace) to a mincfile? I tried
>> mincedit, but couldn't get it to save the header without errors.
>
> Probably not easily...
>
>> I ask because I'm trying to resample one minc file to be like another,
>> however, the minc files only have 2 dimensions (xspace,yspace), so
>> mincresample doesn't work. Is there another way to accomplish
>> "mincresample -like"?
>
> I'd do this:
>
> mincconcat -concat_dimension zspace -start 0 -step 1 in.mnc in_z.mnc

mincconcat!!! seems there is always a minc* that I don't know about.

That gets me the zspace direction (for which I am grateful), but sadly
mincresample -like doesn't seem to work (produces an empty image).

The -like file that goes along with the no_zspace.mnc.gz is here:
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/users/mishkin/like.mnc.gz