[MINC-users] emma

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 29 13:52:14 EDT 2009

Hi all,

   Just a quick FYI related to this post.  Work on the new mniMincIO
package (version 1.0) is now pretty much complete, and will be made
available as soon as I finish the documentation and take it for a test
drive on a non-trivial internal project. This package uses the Minc2
API and can replace all EMMA functionality (plus a lot more).

    It's purpose is to provide an easy to use rapid application
development (RAD) environment, which will make working with Minc
volumes an attractive alternative to the other volume formats.
Unlike EMMA, mniMincIO is built as an R package, and as such, RAD
development can be done using the very powerful (functional) R
language.  More info to follow.

Cheers,

-Jim