[MINC-users] emma

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:03:52 EDT 2009

Hi Soren,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 13:56, Soren Christensen <sorench at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, wrt. my previous question I realized I was referencing
> softlinks that were not redirected on windows and there are no
> problems with EMMA

Good to hear. I was dreading having to put vista back onto my new
(Ubuntu) laptop just to test this...

> I noticed Matlab now has both NETCDF and HDF support so I wonder if it
> would be an option to replace (since this has been debated) EMMA with
> a Matlab based interface that one could speculate would be easier to
> maintain over time and OSs.

Well There is work on new project called niak now by Pierre Bellec

   http://code.google.com/p/niak/

I have now dumped emma in favour of this if only because it supports
octave as well.
I don't know if it works on XP, Vista or 7 but if you can get EMMA
going on windows then odds are you will be able to sort out niak.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)