[MINC-users] Classify

Jason Lerch jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 25 12:51:04 EDT 2009

Hi Jon,

classify is based on using a training set to initialize the tissue
classification - either based on probability maps or on manually
selected tags. In other words, you could use Display to pick 100
points or so that you think are grey matter, 100 that are white
matter, etc., then use that to initialize the classification of every
voxel. Once you've trained the classifier once you can also save the
training data and apply it to new volumes without repicking individual
points (though this is quite scanner specific - i.e. it usually works
for one sequence from one site, not across sequences or sites - for
that probability maps are better).

classify_clean uses classify but prunes those initial points first to
remove any outliers - this can be a benefit when you use spatial
priors based on probability maps.

Hope this helps,

Jason