[MINC-users] Display - Scan object to volume

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 6 22:14:57 EDT 2008

Hi Mishkin,

> Let's say my object is a simple sphere, but the co-ordinates have sub-voxel
> accuracy. If i do the above, then the resulting label that gets loaded onto
> the image will indeed be a sphere, but, for every vertex in my object, the
> entire corresponding voxel is colored on the volume. Is there a way to just
> paint the points/coordinates of the object onto the volume, or connect the
> points via a thin line, instead of just lighting up the entire voxel?

I'm not sure if this helps, but you can try polygons_to_lines
to get only lines. Nonetheless, a vertex will still be the size
of a voxel (1mm) and the lines will be 1mm too. It would have
been nice if Display had the ability to draw at the screen's
resolution (in pixels). Today's graphics cards would support
it. :-)

Claude