[MINC-users] Display - Scan object to volume

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:15:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a question regarding this:

Display input.mnc.gz object.obj
(R - Objects)
(W - Scan object to volume)

Let's say my object is a simple sphere, but the co-ordinates have sub-voxel
accuracy. If i do the above, then the resulting label that gets loaded onto
the image will indeed be a sphere, but, for every vertex in my object, the
entire corresponding voxel is colored on the volume. Is there a way to just
paint the points/coordinates of the object onto the volume, or connect the
points via a thin line, instead of just lighting up the entire voxel?

The best solution I have thus far is to resample my input volume to 0.1 mm
isotropic voxels for example, and then the resulting label is much thinner,
but this creates a huge file and is a waste of space and time.

thanks,
mishkin