[MINC-users] MINC to DICOM

Jonathan Harlap jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 3 10:02:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Alex Zijdenbos <alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>>> is simply not realistic. However, I suspect that a mnc2dcm that would attain
>>>
>>>  <minc> == dcm2mnc( mnc2dcm( <minc> ) )
>>>
>>> is much more feasible (by the way, I don't believe that you can do the
>>
>> Not as feasible as you seem to think, IMO:
>
> Should I mention that you were the one that suggested this to me some
> time ago? :)

That I described what a user group wanted doesn't mean that I agreed
that their desire was reasonable or feasible...  And if you are
instead referring to my counterarguments when discussing a particular
US-gov't-employed Italian's insanity, then you'll recall that what I
said might be feasible would be:

minc = dcm2mnc (dicom1)
dicom2 = mnc2dcm (minc)
minc2 = dcm2mnc (dicom2)

dicom2 = mnc2dcm ( dcm2mnc( dicom2 ) )
and
minc2 = dcm2mnc ( mnc2dcm ( minc2 ) )

The distinction is pretty important - it states that the first
conversion you do is lossy, but that afterwards you could back and
forth happily, given properly written converters.