[MINC-users] errors going from DICOM startxyz to MINC startxyz

Audette, Michel Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Thu May 29 06:49:30 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I'm frantically trying to meet a conference paper deadline, and have it a snag.

I have some expert validation data for anatomical boundaries, which come in stl format, and these have been produced with a software called Mimics from Dicom. Looking at these stls, the vertex coordinates do not coincide with the reasonable world coordinates in the minc file that I'm getting after doing dicom3_to_minc, and resampling with positive xyz. The start x,y,z of the minc volume also bears little resemblance to image position patient (0020-0037) visible under Image Position Patient.

Can anyone suggest a way of reconciling Dicom with minc start x,y,z, to begin with?

Cheers,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)
Semmelweisstraße 14
Leipzig, Germany
Phone: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 13
Fax: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 09