[MINC-users] freeglut error on transform type in register, and default tranform type on register

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:22:52 EDT 2008

> I've obtained a transformation from register from homologous point pairs, and the rotation part of the result looks orthonormal, but I want to make sure that this isn't a coincidence.
>
> I cannot see the Transform Type that register assumes, because when I do, I see:
>
> freeglut (no_program_name): Unable to create direct context rendering for window 'Transform Type Selection'
> This may hurt performance.
> (is there an easy fix to this?)

Hi Michel,

I have often seen this bug and have always presumed it to be somewhat
harmless...  Seems that I am (now) wrong, I get no text on any of the
dialog boxes and I presume this is what you are referring to. Register
and Display relied on a lot of (at times) undocumented "features" of
glut given how embryonic the library was when register was written.  I
suspect this will be an evil bug to track down but I will see what I
can do.

--
Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883