[MINC-users] win32 versions of register and Display

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 03:03:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 22:32, Rupert Brooks <rupe.brooks at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the record - this was on XP.  A number of other odd things
> occurred with the configure script when building - i had to add a lot
> of things via the CPATH, LIBRARY_PATH and LIBS variables.  This may
> also be related.

Aye.. (see below)

> However - there remains one issue.  Both this build, and the one on
> your web site use X, and dont use acceleration (this is probably due
> to cygwins freeglut, rather than register particularly).  There was an
> old cygwin build of register kicking around that used the windows GL
> directly, and did not require X at all.   Unfortunately, i dont really
> know who built it or where it came from...  Do you or anyone else know
> how to achieve that?

That would have been me!  Although I only managed to get register to
behave in this fashion not Display ever.

In this case I went through a whole lot of convolutions in which you
install the cygwin doo-dads that link to the win32 openGL libraries
(you have to link in -lopengl32 or some such thing -- this is all a
dim-dark memory) instead of the default cygwin opengl and glut
libraries which happen to be freeglut and mesa.

> Before someone asks, the reason i am trying to replace the older build
>  is that it did not support minc2 :-)

Ah, true that.  I will have to have a hack at rebuilding all of this myself.