[MINC-users] win32 versions of register and Display

Rupert Brooks rupe.brooks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:32:10 EDT 2008

Thanks.  That got it building.

For the record - this was on XP.  A number of other odd things
occurred with the configure script when building - i had to add a lot
of things via the CPATH, LIBRARY_PATH and LIBS variables.  This may
also be related.

However - there remains one issue.  Both this build, and the one on
your web site use X, and dont use acceleration (this is probably due
to cygwins freeglut, rather than register particularly).  There was an
old cygwin build of register kicking around that used the windows GL
directly, and did not require X at all.   Unfortunately, i dont really
know who built it or where it came from...  Do you or anyone else know
how to achieve that?

Before someone asks, the reason i am trying to replace the older build
 is that it did not support minc2 :-)

Cheers
Rupert