[MINC-users] win32 versions of register and Display

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 08:34:02 EDT 2008

Hi Rupert,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 21:47, Rupert Brooks <rupe.brooks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I decided to build my own win32 Register and Display, using cygwin.
> I've gotten stuck with Register - I get the following error - a
> conflicting dtoa.  Has anyone seen this and have a workaround?

> register_resample.c:101: error: conflicting types for 'dtoa'
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:143: error: previous declaration of 'dtoa' was here
> register_resample.c:101: error: conflicting types for 'dtoa'

I myself have not seen this.  Is this on Vista or XP?  I have a fairly
current Vista cygwin build that seemed OK.  In any case the simplest
hack fix is to just fiddle in Register_resample/register_resample.c
and rename the offending function (line 468) to dtoa_rr or something
like that.  This little function that peter wote nigh on 15 years ago
doesn't seem to be used anywhere else.

Either that or just comment out the build of register_resample from
line 5 of Makefile.am, it is an extra executable that I doubt many
people use or even know exists.

Have fun

--
Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)