[MINC-users] MINC 2.0.13

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Fri Jan 11 02:49:35 EST 2008

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:43:25PM +1100, Andrew Janke wrote:

> Ah, now I am with you.  OK from now on in you have my word that I will
> also update the libtool flags just before release.

Great!  That will make packagers' lives much easier.  Don't forget to
check *both* libminc and libvolume_io.  These should be versioned
independently, so you'll need to check for added/removed/changed
interfaces in each.

> Although given that one of MINC's goals is not to
> change its interface without a very very good reason all we will see
> are some very large REVISION numbers.

Remember, though, that the versioning captures not just CHANGE, but
also ADDITION or REMOVAL of interfaces.

> What would you suggest I use for the next release given the schmozzle above?
>
>  2:1:1

If you're certain that no interfaces have been added, removed, or
changed, that should be fine.  I generally check the diffs since the
last release to be sure.

Cheers,
-Steve