[MINC-users] EMMA

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 19:44:45 EST 2008

On 02/01/2008, Soren Christensen <sorench at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have problems with an EMMA function on a fresh Fedora 8
> installation using matlab2007b. I have not had problems in F7 using
> Matlab 2007a:
>
> miinquire
> ??? Invalid MEX-file '/home/minc/utilmatlab/emma_v1/miinquire.mexglx':
> /home/minc/utilmatlab/emma_v1/miinquire.mexglx: symbol
> mxCreateDoubleMatrix, version libmx.INTERNAL not defined in
> file libmx.so with link time reference.
>
> Does anyone know what the source of this error could be?   My guess
> would be a Matlab change?

I would say that you are right.  I am guessing that this is not
something that a quick recompile (with mex) will fix.

> I know there was talk about not supporting EMMA for MINC2. I will
> continue to need this functionality (reading/writing of header and
> image data from Matlab) and if someone is interested in this basic
> functionality maybe we could collaborate?

I suspect this talk would stem from myself. I am more than happy to
help with a new simplified interface for MATLAB for minc2. However I
do have a problem and that is that I dont have a copy of MATLAB
myself...  Certainly not the later release that you have and thus I
was working more towards an interface for Octave for MINC2.

My suggestion would be to start with minc_simple.h (part of MINC2) or
use the examples that Jason put up on wikibooks.

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883