[MINC-users] dcm2mnc produces xspace:spacing = "irregular"

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Mon Apr 21 11:03:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:54:14PM +1000, Andrew Janke wrote:

> Unfortunately DICOM does not always unambiguously describe the
> position of the slices in an image volume (some scanners use
> origin/angle, some use absolute position of centre of slices, some use
> offsets, etc).

That's news to me.

What modalities are you talking about?  I grant you that NM does weird
things (possibly US, too).  However for MR, CT, and PET, my reading of
DICOM suggests they all use the same (0020,0032) Image Position
(Patient) and (0020,0037) Image Orientation (Patient) attributes to
specify the location and orientation of the slices.

What ambiguity are you referring to?

-Steve