[MINC-users] nii2mnc problem

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Apr 19 13:07:28 EDT 2008

Hi All,

    I'm not sure if anyone there is actively supporting nii2mnc, but
I've run into what appears to be a problem with nii2mnc.  I've run a
few hundred ADNI volumes (nifti-1) through nii2mnc, and after
determining the proper -flip parameters, all seemed OK ... except,
that a few volumes, using the same input parameters, were flipped
along the inferior-superior axis (i.e., the brains were upside-down).
Now, the problem does not lie with the volume meta-data, as any number
of other nifti-1 viewers are able to display the volumes normally ...
only nii2mnc has problems.  I have a samples of both "good" and
"upside-down" volumes, if anyone wants to take a look.

Cheers,

-Jim

--
Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.