[MINC-users] using EMMA: possible without Mex?

Morgan Hough mhough at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 05:50:56 EDT 2008

Hi Andrew,

Is that the Mersenne Twister from Makoto Matsumoto. If it is newran
(associated with newmat) also uses this code but the link their seems to
be dead. I was trying to find out about the license on this as well.
Matsumoto's new website is here:

http://www.math.sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~m-mat/MT/emt.html

with updated license information.

Cheers,

-Morgan

Andrew Janke wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Audette, Michel
> <Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>>  thanks for your kind reply. Sorry too that mine is late. I'll look around for mincsample, if it comes with the BIC toolbox.
>>

> It is not part of minc "proper" but you will find it on
> packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca
>
> It uses the Mersenne Twister for random number generation and I am not
> entirely sure on the license restrictions so dont include it MINC
> proper until I can find out for sure.

Morgan Hough, D. Phil. Student,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

+44 (0) 1865 222466  (fax 222717)
mhough at fmrib.ox.ac.uk  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~mhough