[MINC-users] conversion to analyze problem

Alex Zijdenbos alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Sep 7 16:33:41 EDT 2007

I suppose flipping the minc volume prior to conversion should amount
up to the same thing, e.g.,

   flip_volume <in.mnc> <out.mnc>

flip_volume is part of the 'conglomerate' package.

However, what I would like to know is whether this is a conceptually
unsolvable problem due to the specifics of ANALYZE and MINC coordinate
handling, or if this is in fact fixable (i.e., a bug). I don't believe
I have *ever* encountered a MINC <-> ANALYZE conversion that did not
require flipping of some sort, so at first glance I would assume we
are looking at a bug.

Does anybody more familiar with the inner workings of mnc2nii and the
like perhaps have some insight into this? Andrew, Bert, ...?

Thanks,

-- Alex