[MINC-users] minctracc and cropped images

Oliver Gress oliver.gress at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Nov 22 09:05:35 EST 2007

Hi Simon,

in my case, I used -w_rotations 0 0 1 to set the rotation around x- and y-axis
to zero and it worked, so I always got something like
-rotation       0.00000    0.00000    0.01142
I wonder why you get rotations (your "-rotation" output is from xfm2param,
right?). A look into the minctracc manual tells, that the weights are set for
the optimization. In my understanding it means that no rotation should be
estimated. Perhaps someone from the BIC knows more exactly how the weights
are incorporated in the optimization. I'm sorry that I can't help you better.

To your other problem, if it is a one-time task, you could manually find an
initial translation (and perhaps scaling) and create an initial
transformation (param2xfm) that you can feed to minctracc with
"-transformation <file.xfm>", but then you probably could also build a coarse
mask. And without a mask, I could imagine that the objective function (i.e.
the default crosscorrelation) could give better values when the subset is in
some way stretched to cover a great part of the full set.

I hope that helps a little

Oliver