[MINC-users] nu_correct and surface coil

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 00:46:36 EST 2007

Hi Michela,

N3 is not really designed for surface coil non-uniformity but you
might have some success if you modify the -distance parameter.  This
given the characteristic distance over which the variation occurs. I
would guess a value around 30-40 will get you something.

This of course depends on what you are imaging...  N3 works by
minimising the entropy in a histogram, this may or may not be
applicable with your data.

On Nov 21, 2007 6:34 AM, Michela Pievani <mpievani at fatebenefratelli.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using N3 to remove extremes non-uniformities from a surface coil MRI. I tried using different options than the default ones (for example: -iterations 200, -stop 0.00001, -mask ICBM_template), but they don't improve significantly my results.
> Do you have any suggestion?
> Thanks,
> Michela

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883