[MINC-users] brain-view binary (and source packages).

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri May 11 11:20:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

   Thanks Andrew. I installed the Debian unstable pcre++ package, which
solves the immediate abort problem.  Initial testing has yielded a seg fault
after a couple of minutes of clicking about on the cortical surface. If I
have time, I'll fire up gdb and take a peek.

-Jim

On 5/10/07, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> I dont think there is a pcre++ ubuntu package.  In my case I just
> downloaded the pcre++ package from debian and installed that using
> dpkg.
>
>    http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libpcre++0
>
> worked for me, what I did find was that pcrecpp and pcre++ are
> incompatible!  (been there tried that).
>
> Perhaps I need to figure out how to include it statically, although
> that will vbe somewhat problematic unless of course I include the
> source in brain-view

> On 5/11/07, Vladimir FONOV <vladimir.fonov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Jim,
> >
> > you wrote:
> > >
> > > Solvable 1: the pcre lib on Edgy seems to have a different name, thus
> a sym
> > > lnk is necessary:
> >
> > > Unsolvable: Programs runs well, however aborts whenever I pick the
> pointy
> > > tool and click on the cortical surface.  The output looks a little
> like this
> >
> > > brain-view: symbol lookup error: brain-view: undefined symbol:
> > > _ZN6pcrepp4PcreC1ERKSsS2_
> > >
> > > Looks related to the pcre lib, don't I really don't understand entry
> point
> > > mangling. Any ideas?
> > Looks like it is the same problem, actually. Probably solution will be
> > to create ubuntu package based on the version of pcre++ supplied with
> > ubuntu. (Or compile from source)
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> >  Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com

> Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
> Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883

Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
McGill University
Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
Fax: (514) 340-8295