[MINC-users] edge detection algorithm

Rezwan Ghassemi rezwang at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 09:01:03 EDT 2007

Thanks Andrew, but which code in the package is it?

Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:  Hi Rezwan,

if by "edge detection" you mean the _dxyz images this is just the
combination of the partial derivatives.

mincblur itself does not have code for edge detection beyond this but
you could easily modify the code (it uses a fourier transformation and
convolution for the blurring) to do what you want. The code is in the
mni-autoreg package.

packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz

On 5/11/07, Rezwan Ghassemi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using "mincblur" for edge detection that I think, is a gradient based Sobel edge detector? is that right? How can I detect the edges using Canny algorithm with mincblur?
>
> thanks
> Rezwan

Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883