[MINC-users] edge detection algorithm

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:54:48 EDT 2007

Hi Rezwan,

if by "edge detection" you mean the _dxyz images this is just the
combination of the partial derivatives.

mincblur itself does not have code for edge detection beyond this but
you could easily modify the code (it uses a fourier transformation and
convolution for the blurring) to do what you want.  The code is in the
mni-autoreg package.

   packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz

On 5/11/07, Rezwan Ghassemi <rezwang at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I am using "mincblur" for edge detection that I think, is a gradient based Sobel edge detector? is that right? How can I detect the edges using Canny algorithm with mincblur?
>
>   thanks
>   Rezwan

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883