[MINC-users] brain-view??

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue May 1 19:12:48 EDT 2007

Hi Anka,

   Are you looking for beta testers? We would be willing to test mincView,
particularly if it provides similar functionality to brain-view, i.e.
overlaying a cortical surface (obj) with functional or cortical thickness
data.  Just make the source and a make file available, and we can build it
ourselves.  We don't really need a package at this point ...

   BTW, do you know whether brain-view is really dead? It looks a bit dated
(QT3  with SoQT libraries and a very Inventor look to it).  If it is
officially dead, I shall recommend that we look for something else.

Thanks for the info,

-Jim

On 5/1/07, Anka Kochanowska <anka at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> In Louis Collins' lab we have an IGNS project with few applications that
> allow you to view minc data or display obj files.
> There is a simple program called MincView, based on vtk (5.0) with qt
> user interface.
> As the project is not finished, there is no package ready for install,
> and I have not yet thought of creating it (I am the main developer on
> the project).
>
> Anka
>

> EJ Nikelski wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >   I am collaborating with a researcher who recollects using a piece of
> >BIC-developed software, called brain-view, sometime in the recent past.
> >Personally, I have never heard of it, and it isn't amongst the packages
> >distributed by BIC (I believe) ... although there is a link at
> >"http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/BrainViewDev"<
> http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/BrainViewDev>
> >and Yorick seems to have some version of it running.
> >
> >   Question: Is this software ready for use and being actively developed
> and
> >distributed (within the BIC community, at least)?  Or is this simply a
> >"proof of concept" project that isn''t going any further (as suggested in
> >the wiki). Are there better options?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >-Jim

Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
McGill University
Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
Fax: (514) 340-8295