[MINC-users] averaging displacement -> black slices

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:00:06 EDT 2007

On 7/4/07, oliver.gress at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
<oliver.gress at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> I'm registering histological slices (minc volumes with z-depth=1) with
> hierarchical non-linear fitting using minctracc. I register each slice
> to its predecessor and successor. I get two minc files for the
> displacement volumes, which I average by mincaverage.
>
> My problem now is that after applying the averaged displacement to the slices
> by mincresample, almost every second slice just contains 'zero'-values, so
> they appear black. The problem seem to be the averaged displacement volumes
> because some of them work and some of them don't. All the displacement
> volumes are non-zero, so I wonder if the averaging can produce values that
> cause problems for the mincresample operation.

Hi Oliver,

My guess would be that you are getting displacements in the "z"
direction or at least the direction that is perpendicular to the
slices.  When you then transform the data this wil result in black
holes as the data is moved out of the plane. Are you setting the
deformation in this direction to 0?

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883