[MINC-users] averaging displacement -> black slices

oliver.gress@medizin.uni-leipzig.de oliver.gress at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jul 4 04:39:36 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm registering histological slices (minc volumes with z-depth=1) with
hierarchical non-linear fitting using minctracc. I register each slice
to its predecessor and successor. I get two minc files for the
displacement volumes, which I average by mincaverage.

My problem now is that after applying the averaged displacement to the slices
by mincresample, almost every second slice just contains 'zero'-values, so
they appear black. The problem seem to be the averaged displacement volumes
because some of them work and some of them don't. All the displacement
volumes are non-zero, so I wonder if the averaging can produce values that
cause problems for the mincresample operation.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Oliver