[MINC-users] xfm to mat ??

Soren Christensen sorench at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 03:03:41 EST 2007

Hi Ernest,
 I don't think doing this is straigtforward.
The XFM that is estimated using the MNI tools refers to the coordinate
system in your minc file. (Defined by the direction cosines, the
stepsizes and the origo (startpoints) information. When converting to
an Analyze 7.5 file you loose the cosines and the startpoints. As such
I think you would need to apply another xfm and a translation for your
xfm file to work in the Analyze coord system.
Is there a reason you cannot apply the transform (transform and
resample like target) in MINC and then go back to Analyze?
An alternative could be to change the MINC header to reflrect the
analyze coord system (voxel based) prior to co-registration to force
the xfm to refer to this frame of reference.

Soren