[MINC-users] Fwd: Minc to Analyze issue

Ernest Lo ernestplo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 09:29:30 EST 2007

Hello,

I have been following this issue and have a few basic questions, which if
anyone might have insight on, would be
greatly appreciated:

1. It seems that the mnc2nii and nii2mnc are the preferred scripts to
convert between minc and analyze formats.
Can these scripts use and produce analyze (i.e. *.img and *.hdr) format
files in addition to nifti (*.nii) format
files?

2. We currently make use of the scripts minc2analyze and analyze2minc to
perform conversions, I believe that are
part of the minc tools.  How would these scripts compare with mnc2nii and
nii2mnc?

3. I currently need to align two analyze format images.  I first convert
them to minc format and then run an algorithm that produces the xfms.  Next
I convert the xfm files to .mat format.  However the .mat transforms do not
align the original analyze format images.  I'm guessing that this is a
result of the missing direction cosine information that pertains to analyze
format images.  However I would like to know if there is
a way to convert from analyze to minc with no changes to alignment.

Thanks,

Ernest Lo
Montreal Neurological Institute
Montreal, Canada