[MINC-users] permuting dimension

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 23:24:09 EST 2007

Two methods...

1. (what you suggest, minctoraw and then back in).

2. Evil tricks with mincedit using the editor argument in which you
specify the editor as sed or the likes.

ie:

   mincedit foo.mnc "sed -e 's/xspace/yspace/'"

Note that I haven't checked the above!  And of course you will need to
use an intermediate step to swap dimensions.

On 3/1/07, Soren Christensen <sorench at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Is there an easy way to permute dimension of a minc file or is it necessary
> to extract the raw data and re-generate the file.
> I have a few perfusion dicom data sets where it seems the  dicom header is
> simply wrong -  so i get something like this:
>   dimension name         length         step        start
>     --------------         ------         ----        -----
>     time                       40      unknown      unknown
>     yspace                     12          9.1     -123.327
>     zspace                    128       -1.875     -16.2219
>     xspace                    128       -1.875     -120.938
>
> yspace and zspace are swapped around (z is indeed the lowest res dimention)
> so basically my question is how do I unswap them in the easiest way?
>
> Thanks
> Soren

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883