[MINC-users] Non-linear registration of two 2D slices

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 17:31:15 EST 2007

Thomas,

Have a talk to Mallar Chakravarty in Louis Lab, he is the one in the
BIC who has spent vast amounts of time on this.  (And has it working
very well).

In essence you just need to set a bunch of parameters via the C/L.

Andrew

On 2/22/07, Thomas Mansi <thomas_mansi at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Dear MINC-users,
>
> Knowing the efficiency of the minc-tools to co-register two 3D volumes,
> I was wondering if it was possible to apply minctracc or any other tool
> to efficiently co-register two 2D slices, non-linearly.
>
> Concretely, I am trying to register a 2D Nissl-stained histological
> section to a 2D high-resolution T1-MRI slice. I tried nlpfit and
> minctracc (with and without masks) but I didn't get any satisfactory
> results. Moreover, -mi and -xcorr options gave exactly the same results,
> which is quite strange, isn't it?
>
> Do you know a way to non-linearly register two 2D slices? BicWiki says
> that there is a -2D-non-lin option that can be given to minctracc. But
> it seems to have disappeared since my version of the program does not
> recognise it (0.99.2).
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help,
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas Mansi

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883