[MINC-users] I can install MINC-1.0, but there is a problem when install MINC2 or Display/Register

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:32:10 EDT 2007

>  I have installed netCDF (netcdf-3.6.1), and i have not problem to install minc-1.0  ( it can find netcdf package... found in $(ROOT)/../netcdf-3.6.1), but when i installed MINC-2.0.12 or Register/Display I met this error:
>
>  ./configure
>  checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
>  checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
>  checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
>  checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
>  checking for library m... yes
>  checking for library netcdf... no
>  configure: error: cannot find required library netcdf

Hi Xingfeng,

What does config.log say around where this error happens?  I have
struck linkage problems with netcdf on some machines where -lpthread
is missing.

Are you using the --enable-minc2 flags to configure?  (to add in hdf5 support).

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883