[MINC-users] I can install MINC-1.0, but there is a problem when install MINC2 or Display/Register

xingfeng lee spmlxf at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 11:06:35 EDT 2007

Dear MINC experts,

 I have installed netCDF (netcdf-3.6.1), and i have not problem to install minc-1.0  ( it can find netcdf package... found in $(ROOT)/../netcdf-3.6.1), but when i installed MINC-2.0.12 or Register/Display I met this error:

 ./configure
 checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
 checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
 checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
 checking for library m... yes
 checking for library netcdf... no
 configure: error: cannot find required library netcdf

 Can anyone help to figure out the problem?  My Linux is Fedora Core 3.

 Thanks in advance.