[MINC-users] rawtominc & nu_correct difficulties

Vladimir FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:51:25 EDT 2007

Hello,

On 8/1/07, Audette, Michel <Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Dear Vladimir,
>
> your suggestion seemed to do the trick, in terms of allowing nu_correct to process the image. However, it seems as though the correction underestimates what is actually a pretty severe nonuniformity.
>
> I can forward to anyone my minc volume, in case someone has an idea what to tweak.
>
> Thanks to Andrew, for your suggestion too. I was about to try that next. Do you think that the byte-vs-short issue is responsible for this underestimation?

You can try to convert your volume to float, for doing calculations
and see if it affects anything. Also, here people came up with
'optimized' parameters for nu_correct -iter 100 -stop 0.0001 -fwhm 0.1

also, make sure that you are using latest version of N3 ( 1.10.1) i
remember that there were some issues with older versions.

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com