[MINC-users] MNI::TagSet problem?

Peter Neelin peter.neelin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 23:18:13 EDT 2007

On 4/13/07, EJ Nikelski <nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> MNI::TagSet->save($tagObj, 'bbb.tag');

It's been a while since I've looked at much perl object-oriented code,
but if my memory serves me correctly, you want

$tagObj->save('bbb.tag');

(I'm basing this on zero experience with MNI::TagSet, BTW.)

Perl will pass the object as the first argument. An invocation of the
form MNI::TagSet->save() will pass the class as the first argument
instead of the instance. The first argument thing is a bit funky, I
realize, but perl's OO framework is a retrofit - an elegant hack in a
perverse sort of way.

Peter
--
Peter Neelin