[MINC-users] MNI::TagSet problem?

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 13 17:20:51 EDT 2007

Hi All,

   I have been struggling somewhat trying to write a simple Perl script to
create and write out a tag file.  So far, the header creation works, but I'm
having trouble saving the file. Here's what I try ...

my $comment = "Tag file created by brainSight2tag";
$tagfile = 'aaa.tag';
(my $tagObj) = MNI::TagSet->new(filename => $tagfile, num_volumes => 1,
comment => $comment);
MNI::TagSet->save($tagObj, 'bbb.tag');

I put a few print statements into TagSet->Save and it would appear as if it
is being passed 3 parameters, while expecting only 2. Specifically, it
expects (TagObject, outputFilename) but it appears to get (Classname,
TagObject, outputFilename). As a result, the output filename is ignored, and
sundry warning messages are generated. As I prefer to code Python over Perl,
I might well be messing something up. Is this a real error, or am I messing
up the arguments somehow? Is TagSet still supported? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

-Jim

Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
McGill University
Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
Fax: (514) 340-8295