[MINC-users] bicpl cannot find hdf5 during configuration

leemon albert albertleemon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 11:31:17 EDT 2006

Hi,
Sorry if this issue has already been addressed before.
I am trying to compile the basic packages  minc2 (minc2.0.11) for Ubuntu.
So far, I have been able to successfully install the packages in the
following order:

netcdf
hdf5-1.6.1
minc-2.0.11

However, for bicpl-1.4.2, I get the following problem:
checking for library m... yes
checking for library netcdf... yes
checking for library z... yes
checking for library hdf5... no
configure: error: cannot find required library hdf5

Is there some flag that I need to specify during configuration to get
the script to recognize hdf5?
I tried defining  sudo ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/bin
--with-build-path=/usr/local/bin --with-minc2
Thanks

Help is appreciated!