[MINC-users] minc2dicom ?

Simon Fristed Eskildsen se at hst.aau.dk
Fri Oct 20 03:59:42 EDT 2006

Alexandre CARMEL-VEILLEUX wrote:

> 	mincpik might also cause your output to lose resolution and become
> a byte-volume.
>
> 	Using mincextract would allow you to preserver the (presumably) 16-bit
> values in your minc file. Not sure if dicom2 can deal with this however.
>
> 	Using the DICOM.pm that's floating around might also be an option. it
> has some issues with writing files (I have a version that usually work for
> bog standard Explicit VR little-endian files.) Going this route, the slices
> should be extracted through mincextract -short usually. It's a bit of a pain
> to do however. Depends how often you'd need to generate DICOM files.

Well I hope I'll only have to generate a few test cases, as I'm testing
an algorithm that only takes vista images as input. If I find the
algorithm suitable for my purpose I'll have to implement it myself with
minc input of course.
I actually ended up writing my own minc2vista converter yesterday
(skipping the nasty dicom step). Now I can generate 2D vista images,
however, the algorithm apparently needs a 3D image. I guess I'll have to
do some more coding, unless anyone have an idea how to generate a 3D
vista image.

Simon