[MINC-users] minc2dicom ?

Alexandre CARMEL-VEILLEUX acveilleux at mrs.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 19 18:11:49 EDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 12:13:54PM -0400, Andrew Janke wrote:

> to the mincpik line.  Also I think you can do this with Imagemagick:
>
>    mincpik -slice $1 -scale 1 $infile RGB:tmp.raw

	mincpik might also cause your output to lose resolution and become
a byte-volume.

	Using mincextract would allow you to preserver the (presumably) 16-bit
values in your minc file. Not sure if dicom2 can deal with this however.

	Using the DICOM.pm that's floating around might also be an option. it
has some issues with writing files (I have a version that usually work for
bog standard Explicit VR little-endian files.) Going this route, the slices
should be extracted through mincextract -short usually. It's a bit of a pain
to do however. Depends how often you'd need to generate DICOM files.

Alex

yup, I've had to deal with a bunch of DICOM files in the past few years...