[MINC-users] Filling with mincreshape

Simon Fristed Eskildsen se at hst.aau.dk
Fri Nov 10 13:58:22 EST 2006

Hi,
This is probably a dumb question. What exactly is the function of the
-fill option on mincreshape? Reading the manual I expect it to fill
voxels outside my input image with a value other than zero (which can be
set by -fillvalue). However, it seems not to work.

Example: input.mnc contains a small test object surrounded by zeros
$ mincinfo input.mnc
file: input.mnc
image: unsigned byte 0 to 255
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
     dimension name         length         step        start
     --------------         ------         ----        -----
     zspace                     67            1          -33
     yspace                     67            1          -33
     xspace                     67            1          -33

$ mincreshape -fill -fillvalue 255 -colsize 100 -rowsize 100 input.mnc
output.mnc

$ mincinfo output.mnc
file: output.mnc
image: unsigned byte 0 to 255
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
     dimension name         length         step        start
     zspace                     67            1          -33
     yspace                    100            1          -49
     xspace                    100            1          -49

Looks fine, but in the "outside input" voxels are zero. I would expect
them to be 255. The man page say that -fillvalue is a real value. The
real range of input is 0 to 400, so 255 should be ok.

How do I get values in my "outside input" voxels?

Simon