[MINC-users] Mac OS X (Tiger) and register

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed May 31 02:49:24 EDT 2006

Hi Jim,

This is a tad wierd but I suspect this is a GLUT issue.  The warnings
you have posted below are "normal'.  I have no clue where they come
from (and no impetus to hunt them down as they appear to be harmless).
 If you use a "real" 3 button mouse does the problem persist?

I am unsure if you are trying to mix the apple X11 hacks for 2nd and
3rd mouse button with the register control key stuff.

Andrew

On 5/25/06, EJ Nikelski <nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
>    I just moved from Panther to Tiger. I installed the
> netcdf/minc/register/Display packages available at
>
> http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/osx-10.4/
>
> ... but now find a curious behaviour. When starting register, I get some
> GLUT error messages ...
>
>  >>2006-05-25 15:13:07.488 register[538] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool():
>  >>Object 0x328ff0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in
> place >>- just leaking
>  >>2006-05-25 15:13:07.488 register[538] GLUT Warning: glutUseLayer:
>  >>unknown layer, 0.
>
>  ... and while in register, the ctrl and alt keys only allow
> translating the image, I can no longer zoom. Now, while I'm certain that
> this problem is somehow related to my setup, I'm not sure what it might
> be. Is it GLUT related? All worked fine under Panther. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>

> -Jim
>

> --
> E. James Nikelski, Ph.D.
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
> Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
> Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
> McGill University
> Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
> Fax: (514) 340-8295

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012