[MINC-users] Same Problem - Error compiling conglomerate 1.6

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu May 11 00:00:07 EDT 2006

Hi Gil,

This seems rather strange given that you have described an almost
identical system to what we use here.  Do you happen to have the
approriate bit from the config.log?  It may yield some answers.

On 5/9/06, Gil Citro <citrog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted a very similar problem to this before, but unfortunately the
> previous solution doesn't seem to be working.  The problem is that
> when I try to compile conglomerate 1.6, I get an error.  The following
> are the last several lines of compiler output, and I've attached the
> while thing as compile-error.
>
> /usr/local/lib/libbicpl.a(rgb_io.o)(.text+0x226):/usr/local/mni/bicpl-1.4.2/Images/rgb_io_ppm.c:100:
> undefined reference to `pm_allocrow'
> /usr/local/lib/libbicpl.a(rgb_io.o)(.text+0x2d8):/usr/local/mni/bicpl-1.4.2/Images/rgb_io_ppm.c:118:
> undefined reference to `ppm_writeppmrow'
> /usr/local/lib/libbicpl.a(rgb_io.o)(.text+0x2e9):/usr/local/mni/bicpl-1.4.2/Images/rgb_io_ppm.c:121:
> undefined reference to `pm_freerow'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [composite_images] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/mni/conglomerate-1.6'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> enter the text in that file's own buffer.
>
> The previous solution was to use the --with-image-ppm option with
> ./configure for  bicpl 1.4.2 and then to manually make the following
> change in the Makefile
>
> Old: LIBS = -lppm -lvolume_io -lminc -lnetcdf -lm
> New: LIBS = -lppm -lvolume_io -lminc -lnetcdf -lm -lppm
>
> and to make sure libnetpbm9-dev was installed, which it is.
>
> If I configure bicpl with --with-image-ppm but don't change the
> Makefile, bicpl won't compile.  If I configure bicpl without
> --with-image-ppm , bicpl will compile, as will congolmerate, but then
> ray_trace will not.
>
> Between this time and last time, I have reinstalled Debian Sarge from
> scratch.  It's an Athlon64 3000+ box, and last time I was using a 64
> bit kernel, but this time I'm using the regular Debian 32 bit kernel
> to improve compatibility with some software.
> Other than that, I think everything is the same.  I think I
> reinstalled all the packages  that were previously installed when it
> worked.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions for what to try next, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!
>
> Gil

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012