[MINC-users] running classify unsupervised

D. Louis Collins louis.collins at mcgill.ca
Sat May 6 14:10:14 EDT 2006

Anders,

I concur with Andrew.  The -mm, -knn, -ann, -hcm, -fcm and -bayes all
need estimates of the intensities to build the internal structure
required to do the segmentation.  So, they all need training data. The
training data can come from a training file (containing the intensity
info like mean, sd) or a tag file (then the program extracts the
mean/sd from the volumes.

We do not have an EM technique coded up in classify.  However, there is
a bit of EM code written by Sylvain Prima.  I think that it is in the
CVS repository.

-Louis