[MINC-users] running classify unsupervised

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu May 4 02:35:31 EDT 2006

Hi Anders,

As far as I am aware classify doesn't do unsupervised classification.
In all cases it will train from an input set of tags/classes. I
suspect by unsupervised this is merely describing the method of
clustering that is used from data generated from the input tag points.

I may be wrong and you can do real unsupervised learning with
classify, so I shall watch with interest to see if anyone corrects me!
:)

On 5/3/06, Anders Bertil Rodell <rodell at pet.auh.dk> wrote:
> Does anyone have some examples of how to use the unsupervised
> -fcm,-hcm, -apriory and -fuzzy options in classify?
> I have tried a multitude of combinations of the options and the only way
> I can get fuzzy results seems to be through first creating a training
> file using a tagfile.. this seems a bit supervised to me
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Anders
>
> --
> Anders Bertil Rodell <rodell at pet.auh.dk>
> PET Centre Aarhus General Hospital

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012