[MINC-users] cavum vergae

D. Louis Collins louis.collins at mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 21 13:42:54 EST 2006

Atsuko,

mritotal should be able to work (bring the data/brain into stereotaxic
space) in linear mode, even with a cavum vergae.  Tests have shown
mritotal to work even in cases with hemispherectomy.

however, if you want to map the data into stereotaxic space using a
non-linear mapping to remove the enlarged septum, I don't think that it
will work.  The non-linear warping is not strong enough to achieve the
level of deformation needed _and_ the warping procedure needs a 1-1
correspondance between volumes, and in this case, the septum is split
in the patient and is a single membrane in the target.

-Louis